Social media is a great tool for marketing yourself, but you have to remember that your company’s Facebook and Instagram accounts, among others, are not announcement boards where you post all your advertisements and promos and leave them at that. Take note of these tips:
- SOCIAL Media – Remember, the aim is to be more social with your audience. Engage them by featuring your most loyal customers, or provide interesting stories related to your business and customers. You can even throw in some contests online and give away some prizes.
- #UseHashtags – Hashtags may be overly used but they have been proven effective. Inform your audience of what hashtag to use, and lead by example.
- Visuals – create good visuals through images and videos and attach them to interesting content. Make sure that the video or picture is by itself already communicating a message. This is the fastest and simplest way to get reposted or reblogged.
- Updates – Regularly update your page even in the most basic of ways. Try to comment on leading or trending topics. You could try to start a conversation with your customers on trending issues. This is the easiest way to get their views on things that should, ultimately, improve your products and services.
- Comment – The comment section is important. Respond to some concerns and clarify things that people may have misinterpreted.
The most important thing to remember about your social platform is that they exist to make your customers feel like they belong to your dynamic circle of movers and valued customers alike. Your business’ social media marketing should be geared towards making your customers believe that their opinions matter, and that you’re willing to listen.